The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
This includes people of all ages – even if you do not have any symptoms or other health conditions.
You can only leave your home:
- to shop for basic essentials – only when you really need to
- to do one form of exercise a day – such as a run, walk or cycle, alone or with other people you live with
- for any medical need – for example, to visit a pharmacy or deliver essential supplies to a vulnerable person
- to travel to and from work – but only where this is absolutely necessary
What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms
Continue to stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Use https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/ to obtain an isolation note
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
The BMA has recommended that GP Practices suspend online appointment booking during the Corona outbreak
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR A FLU VACCINATION?
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT
BOOK ON LINE OR CONTACT THE PRACTICE TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Welcome to the Allesley Medical Centre website, where you can access the wide range of health services available at our surgery.
The site provides online facilities, such as registration, prescription ordering and travel vaccinations. It also contains a vast range of health information and resources available, along with practical information on visiting the surgery. We hope you find it useful and informative.